The 3rd edition of indiQa is back - the online India quiz for school children. Free registration and lots of prizes.Read More
The important thing is not to stop questioning . . . Never lose a holy curiosity. - Albert Einstein (1955)
Curiosity and thus, a question is at the heart of everything - a discovery, a question, a revolution, a change. A question is also a great way to learn more about something as you actively engage with the topic at hand. We thought the Independence Day will be a great occasion to learn more about India and what could be a better way to do that but a quiz!
India is a wonderful country - not only with a great history, culture, heritage, contributions to the world in almost every sphere of life. It is impossible to capture the idea of India in 30 questions and at IndiQa 2016, we have barely touched upon the topics and themes we could have.
We had over 70 students registering for IndiQa 2016.. The students were from all over the country - Guwahati to Vadodara, Hubli to Chandigarh, Patna to Solapur and of course, Pune. The quiz was conducted on 15 August. You can play the IndiQa 2016 Perisqope to check out the questions (and the answers)!
Most participants did very well and we had to use the tie-breaker rules to break ties for the first and the 10th positions! The top three students of IndiQa 2016 all got a perfect score of 30 and were separated only based on the time taken to complete the quiz.
The top ten students are
- Vinaya N, City Pride School, Pune
- Vaibhav J, Amity International School, Saket, New Delhi
- Swastika P, GIIS, Chinchwad, Pune
- Aadhit M, Gurukul school, Pune
- Parth C, Delhi Public School, Vadodara
- Chirag C, DAV BSEB, Patna
- Amitoj K, DAV Public School, Pune
- Kautuk R, Rajendra Vidyalaya, Jamshedpur
- Rutuja G, City Pride School, Pune
- Shrirang P, City Pride School, Pune
There was a 6-way tie for the 10th position and the following students just missed out :
- Yash H, Bishops co ed school, Undri
- Suyash B, City Pride School, Pune
- Chaitrali B, Deccan Education Society (DES), Pune
- Aryan K, Vidya Valley, Pune
- Neeraj S, Sucheta Memorial, Gurgaon
The winners received an Amazon Gift voucher of Rs. 1000/- (first position), Rs. 500/- (second position) and Rs. 250/- (third position) which will be emailed to the registered email ids submitted during registration for IndiQa 2016.
The top 10 students will receive a certificate of participation that will be sent to their schools by post. We will be contacting some of the students by e-mail to confirm the postal address of their school to send the certificates.
- The quiz link will be
available between 11 AM and 12 noon on15 August, 2016. The link for the quiz is http://bit.ly/Indiqa2016Quiz
- You will not be able to access the quiz before 11 AM, IST on 15 August :-)
- Please enter all the details -
your name, registered email id, class, school and city at the beginning of the quiz.
- Please try to finish the quiz
well before 12 noon otherwise yoursubmission may not be accepted.
- In case of ties, we will use
answers to some starred questions and the time taken for the whole quiz to be completed. So try to complete the quiz as soon as you can!
- In case you are not able to
complete the quiz due to some technical reason, please try and take the quiz again. We will consider only completed submissions.
- The final result will be
announced by August 20 on this page http://bit.ly/indiqa2016 and by email on your registered email ids.
- We will send certificates to
the top 10 students, addressed to the schools.
- The top 3 students will
receive gift vouchers.
- The quiz will cover all topics about India - history, geography, sports, entertainment, culture, science, current affairs, travel, literature, films, literature, personalities etc.
- Students will participate as individuals. Please register for the quiz using the form below. The link for the quiz will be sent to the email ids registered before 6 PM, IST on 14th August, 2016.
- The quiz will be conducted online on the quizzing platform, Perisqope.
- The quiz link will be open for one hour between 11 AM and 12 PM, IST on 15th August, 2016.
- Participants can attempt the quiz from any location, using a PC/laptop/mobile device connected to the internet. It is not required for the participants to go to any specific location (school/exam centre) to attempt this quiz.
- In case of ties, the time taken to answer the quiz and answers to star-marked questions will be used to break the ties. All decisions by Choose To Thinq will be final.
- The final result will be announced by August 20th, 2016. The top 3 students will receive prizes and the top 10 students will receive certificates through their schools.
What to expect in the quiz?
Questions in this quiz will be about topics such as, but not limited to:
- Events in Indian history
- Prominent figures and places from Indian history, sportspeople, scientists
- Pre- and Post-Independence history
- Heritage monuments and other places
- Cultural practices (food, language, arts & culture) that are considered part of the heritage of India and other countries
- Concepts & Terms from tourism, travel, and geography
- Food, Language, Culture, Geography of India
- Performing arts such as dance, theatre, traditional arts and culture of India
- Books, comics, and fictional characters
- Writers, painters, performers, and other types of artists
We also recommend you sign up on Perisqope and play a few quizzes to get used to the platform. Click here to sign up on Perisqope.
Please fill the form below to register for IndiQa - the schools quiz by Choose To Thinq. (Can't view the form? Go here)