New to the Doolally pub quiz? Here's what happens at the quiz:
- The quiz is set and hosted by us at Choose To Thinq
- The quiz is conducted in an informal setting - that means no teams need to be formed.
- The questions are from a wide variety of topics but always have questions on films, music, sports, food and drink, etc.
- There are usually a couple of fun challenges for you to try out
- The format is simple: the quizmaster for the night reads out questions for the room, one by one. If you think you know the answer, put your hand up. The QM picks people to attempt answers: you win a prize (usually a pint of beer) if you get it right. If you don't, but you give an interesting answer, well, you might win a prize as well.
- The quiz lasts for about 30-45 minutes
- We have pub quizzes at both Mumbai Taprooms at Doolally (Wednesday nights at 8 pm). Also, for those on Twitter, there's a weekly twitter quiz at the @godoolally handle on Fridays between 2 to 2:30 pm.
- A couple of sample episodes are here and here.
See you there! And what, you need some sample questions? Well, try these:
- "I'll make a wise phrase" is an apt anagram of which writer's name?
- Made from draught cider and lager in equal proportions, this cocktail's name is a portmanteau of a fearsome reptile and something it does when threatened. What name?
- This term is common to two sports. In one, the ball used is large, making it necessary to be thrown in an underhand fashion. In the other, this is thrown over the shoulder in the standard version of the sport. What term?
- Who was the first winner of the Filmfare R.D.Burman Award for New Music Talent?
- What four letter word appears over 70 times in the lyrics of the Beatles song "All You Need Is Love"?