At the 2nd edition of the pub quiz at the Doolally Taproom in Bandra, Mumbai, we asked:
Travel writer Eric Newby called this event as “the greatest assemblage of people gathered in a confined space for a single purpose anywhere in the world”. What was he talking about?
To which someone said "Doolally".
One of those cases where the wrong answer is better than the right one! We had no hesitation awarding a prize for that. (One day, the answer to this may well be "Doolally".). The answer is at the end of this post - give it a try.
More questions, more people, more answers. Try your hand at this one - answered by Raghu, a photographer, and judged the answer of the day:
What is unusual about the dog, the Basenji?
Are you as smart as Raghu? Answer at the end.
Shayantan, an adman in the making, was the star of the day, answering several questions correctly, and teaming up with Daivik to ace the Fact/Fiction challenge round. Try your hand at some of the questions he and others answered to win free pints of beer and rounds of applause:
- In which comic book series would you find Marlinspike Hall and its resident, Captain Haddock?
- These guys in high school were punished by their PE Coach, Coach Skinner, for having long hair. In response, they named their band after him, and replaced all the vowels in his names by one letter. Which band?
- Only two Test cricket teams have not lost their first ever Test match. Which two?
More questions and funny answers each Wed evening at Doolally. Be there!
- The Kumbh Mela
- It's a barkless dog (it does bite though!)
- The Tintin series
- Lynyrd Skynyrd (his name was Leonard Skinner)
- Australia and Zimbabwe