In March 2015, Ramanand conducted "Armageddon", a general quiz for college students, at Gujarat Technological University (GTU), Ahmedabad. The event was organised by "Mind Palace", the resident quiz club at LDCE, Ahmedabad, which is part of GTU.
This was his 2nd outing at "Armageddon", following his quiz in April 2014.
A few questions from the prelims of this quiz:
- In the song "London Thumakda" from the hit 2014 Hindi film "Queen", who is the real-life queen mentioned in the lyrics?
- In this work of fiction with an Ahmedabad connection, if "Ananya" is based on a real-life person called Anusha Suryanarayan, who is "Krish" based on?
- What in the world of sports is nicknamed "Ol' Big Ears" in Britain, "La Orejona" in Spain, and "Grandes Oreilles" in France?
Take a guess at the answers before peeking at them (select the text below - it's in white font - to reveal the answers)
1. Queen Victoria
2. Chetan Bhagat - this refers to the semi-autobiographical "Two States"
3. The UEFA Champions League Trophy